2022 ART & PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
Opens 8:00-8:45 AM April 23 at the conference
Contest Chair: Rochelle Wisoff-Fields
Winners will be announced Saturday afternoon on April 23.
$50 for Best of Show
Participants may pick up their pieces after the winners are announced.
RULES AND CATEGORIES:
1) You must be a member of Ozarks Writers League to enter any category. Entry fee is $15.00 and
includes entry of as many pieces as Participant would like to enter, in any or all of three
categories listed below. Entry fee may be paid the morning of the contest.
2) Each entry must have a 3x5 index card attached with a paperclip—DO NOT GLUE OR TAPE, or the
entry will be disqualified. The index card should include the following:
— Phone number
— Email address
3) Names must not appear anywhere on any piece of art or photography entered, except on the index card which is attached with a paperclip.
4) All entries must be delivered to the Art Registration Desk in the meeting room at the Barrington Hotel
between 8:00 a.m.—8:45 a.m., the morning of the April conference. Entries may be disqualified for not following the above rules.
5) Participants may enter as many pieces of art or photography as they'd like, in any or all of three categories: Photography, Art and Alternative Art.
6) Qualified judges will conduct blind judging. Judges shall not enter the contests they judge. Decisions are final.
7) At the end of the meeting, all entries must be retrieved by the member before leaving. OWL is not responsible for anything left at the close of the day.
8) Ribbons and cash prizes will be given for First, Second and Third Place in each of the following three categories: Photography, 2-Dimensional Art and Alternative Art.
9) A "Best of Show" ribbon and cash prize will also be awarded, which is the best of the First-Place winners in the three categories.
CATEGORY 1: Photography
All photos entered must be 5x7 or 8x10 and must be matted.
CATEGORY 2: 2-Dimensional Art
Includes watercolor, oil, pastels, pencil, acrylic, or mixed media. Artwork must be matted and may be any theme.
CATEGORY 3: Alternative Art
Includes any and all other kinds of art: weaving, sewing, pottery, quilting, woodwork, crafts, etc.
Follow rules above for placing owner's information on the item, as far as possible, however, information must NOT be visible to the judges.
Questions? Email Rochelle:
OWLartcontest AT gmail.com